Thai Herbal Compress Massage Course Overview
Duration: 4 Hrs over 1 Day (10.00am-2.00pm approximately)
Prerequisites: Level 3 A & P and Full Body Massage qualification
Optional Kit: Herbal compresses can be purchased on the day.
Qualification: Accredited Holistic Therapy Training – Herts Diploma. This qualification will enable you to obtain public liability insurance upon successful completion of the course. The course runs over 1 day which involves theory and practical training. You will be required to set up for, and safely and effectively, perform a treatment at the end of your training in order to pass the course and successfully complete a theory test.
The herbal compress (also known as Luk Pra Ko – translated as herbal pressing sphere) has been used for hundreds of years in Thailand as a remedy for sore aching muscles, stress relief, exhaustion and other ailments. Herbs are wrapped in balls of cotton muslin, steamed to release essential oils and aromas, and then applied along the sen sib or energy lines of the body.
· What is Thai Herbal Compress Massage
· History of Thai Herbal Compress Massage
· Introduction, Health & Safety Law & GDPR
· Professionalism & code of ethics
· Contra-indications, Contra Actions & Examples
· Benefits of the treatment
· Anatomy and Physiology
· Types of Product & Equipment
· Consultation & preparation (with Consultation Form)
· Working Safely with the Compress and Steamer
· Massage Routine