Oncology Workshop Massage Course Overview
This course is for experienced massage practitioners only. We will endeavour that you learn all you can about Oncology Massage and finish the course feeling confident that you will be able to provide this phenomenal therapy on your clients, friends and family who need this treatment.
Oncology massage is the modification of existing massage therapy techniques in order to safely work with complications of cancer and cancer treatment.
Fee: £225.00 (£50.00 non-refundable deposit required)
What is Oncology Massage?
Oncology Massage – background and research
What Cancer is and how it spreads
• Different types of Cancer
• Staging and Grading of Cancers
• Treatments for Cancer
• How is Massage for someone with Cancer different?
• Positioning and Support
• Understanding Lymphoedema
• Deep Vein Thrombosis in Clients with Cancer
• Benefits of Oncology Massage
• Client Consultation
• Consultation Form
• GP Referral Letter
• Preparing your Work Area
• Health & Safety
• Professional Ethics
• GDPR/Data Protection/Client Confidentiality
• Aftercare Advice
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Suggested Treatment routine/procedure