Course for Online Hot Stone Facial Overview
This course will teach you how to safely and effectively give a hot stone facial to your clients. You do not have to have prior knowledge of facials or working with hot stones.
This course can be studied from the comfort of your own home with no deadlines or timescales and is self-paced, so that you are able to fit this in around your other commitments. Tutorial support is available throughout.
This course is for complete beginners or those wishing to add to their treatment menu, and each module will require approximately 7-8 hours of study. Once each module is complete, it is to be returned for marking.
Course Fee: £140 must be paid in full
On successful completion of all modules, 6 case studies will be required, this can be 1 person six times, 3 people two times, or any variation.
This course is accredited by The IPHM, and The IGCT and insurable with both (as always, if you are already insured, please check with your own insurance beforehand). www.iphm.co.uk www.therapyguild.info
Module 1: Introduction and History of Hot Stone Facial Massage
- Course Objective
- History of Hot Stones
- What is Hot Stone Facial Massage
- History and benefits of Hot Stone Facial Massage
- Structure and function of the Face
- Aftercare Advice
- Client Consultation
- Equipment and products needed
Module 2: The Energy Body and Chakra Systems
- The Chakra System
- The Human Aura
- Meridian Lines
Module 3: Acupressure
- What is Acupressure?
- How does Acupressure work?
- Acupressure Points for the face
Module 4: Client Care
- Client Consultation
- Consultation Form
- GP Referral Letter
- Under 16 consent Form
- Client Disclaimer
Module 5: The Practising therapist
- Preparing your Work Area
- Health & Safety
- Professional Ethics
- GDPR/Data Protection/Client Confidentiality
Module 6: Anatomy and Physiology
- the Muscular System
- the Circulatory System
- the Lymphatic System
- the Nervous System
- the Skeletal Sytem
- the Skin
- the Ear
Module 7: Hot Stone Facial Massage Therapy
- Acupressure points relevant to the Facial Therapy Treatment
- Hot Stone Facial Massage Therapy routine
- Hot Stone Mini-Massage routine which could be incorporated into your everyday facial routine (if you are qualified in Beauty Facials)
Module 8: Case Studies
- Case Study template